Monday 30 March 2009

A Regular Sunday

After church we headed over to my parent's place as usual for Nasi Lemak and conversation. My brother and sis-in-law came over with Aidan too. It's always bustling when both babies are around, but a very happy kind of bustle it is :) We all take turns carrying the two boys. I like to think of it as one big happy family where Uncles, Aunties, and Grandparents all have welcoming, open arms :)

We tried to take photos of the boys together, but as mentioned previously, taking photos of more than one baby is a hit-and-miss thing. One or the other is usually moving (i.e., blur photo), or not smiling, or looking away from the camera.


Baby sumo! :)











This is so typical, and something I find so funny :) First Asher, then Aidan smiled. Just try to imagine them in smiling in the same photo, heh.













Aidan's wearing a shirt I designed for him which says "quah-la" on the top left-hand side cos he's loves 'koala-ing' on people! It's adorable watching him find the most comfortable spot on your shoulder then slowly fall asleep :)





















For dinner we ordered pizza from Pizza de France and Jon & I left totally stuffed with pizza! We had eaten pizza the day before, and I was eating pizza the next day too cos of leftovers! Honestly, my weight went up by a few kilos after those three days!!



My Dad judging the Baby pizza eating competition! Looks like Aidan's got a head start :O)












Battering the referee!






























The squeaky toy my Mum bought for Aidan :) See how much he loves it!








My parent's place is now fully equipped to handle the night-time routine for both babies. So we can bathe our kids there and settle them to sleep if we stay late, which is great so we don't always have to leave early, while the babies don't have to stay up late. We've tried it once with Asher and he fell asleep after his bath as per normal, and we were able to transfer him to the car, and out, and to his cot without him waking up :)

It's quite sentimental for my parents to have the babies bathe at their house I think, cos they have told us many times about how as kids, my brother and I were bathed at my grandparent's house after family dinners there, and we'd fall asleep and continue sleeping all the way home. I guess it's like coming full circle for them. It's their turn to be grandparents, and it's a meaningful tradition to carry on :)

1 comment:

Jane said...

The family tradition sounds very sweet =)