Monday 16 March 2009

Precious Time

Free time to blog has been almost non-existent these last few weeks. When I do find some spare time, sometimes all I want to do is have a lie-down, or just stone in front of the telly.

Anyway, why has life been so busy? For a while Asher had some eating problems. He'd nurse a while then stop and cry after a couple of minutes. It was incredibly difficult to get him to eat! He'd want to latch on, then he'd stop and cry, as if in pain. He might be teething! He's been displaying the various symptoms like drooling (lots and lots), diarrhoea, and difficulty with eating (which could be due to pain from the pressure of the emerging teeth). Was quite concerned about his milk intake and weight gain during that period, and kept praying that he'd be ok. Praise God! He's continued to gain weight, and the difficulty eating seems to have gone away (maybe used to the pain? or no more pain? I have no idea). I'm so thankful he's better cos it was really tiring trying to get Asher to eat, and heart-wrenching too cos he really really wanted to eat but couldn't.

Just as Asher's eating got better, I fell sick! One morning I suddenly woke up with chills and ended up with a high fever. At it's worst it was 39.9! Thank God Jon was able to take half-a-day's leave, and then my mum managed to take some time off to help take care of Asher. I was really fatigued! Just sitting up for a little while made me light-headed and very tired. So I spent a few days recovering from that. Poor Asher must have been wondering why I wasn't playing much with him.

Anyway, while there were some busy/frustrating times, it's also been a fun few weeks. Brought Asher out quite a few times when I wasn't ill. I (ironically?) find it easier to bring Asher out and roam around than to find time for myself. I guess cos when I'm out with him I'm still caring for him and it's still 'us' time, not 'me' time. 'Me' time in the day only happens when he's sleeping and when there's no other chores to do in the house - a rarity as any housewife/stay home mum will know. There's somehow always something that needs to be settled at home. So, going out is fun, but it just delays my doing the home stuff. And you know how it goes...things will pile and there'll be more stuff....etc etc.

I'll still wanna update my blog with some of the outings we had so look out for some posts that'll be backdated (I just like it to be in chronological order lah..humour me) :)

Although I've been busy, it's been immensely rewarding as well cos Asher's been such a dear. He started laughing! :) And he just laughs at more and more things everyday! I really think he's got a good sense of humour. I'm so addicted to his laughter, especially when he breaks out in chuckles! He's also becoming more and more chatty, chiming in when Jon and I are talking, having 'conversations' with my mum, etc. What fun!






(24 Mar 09) Postnote: I'm all up to speed now!

No comments: