Saturday 21 March 2009

Little Feet

We received several pairs of shoes as gifts when Asher was born, and I only recently remembered to make sure Asher wears them before he outgrows them. It was a good thing I checked, cos one cute little blue pair of shoes fit just right!

Asher's first pair of shoes!

He was totally intrigued by them, I guess cos they feel different from the socks he's used to wearing, and examined them intently in the car (I realise he likes looking at his feet in the car whenever he's wearing new socks too :) ).










He stands much more steadily in them compared to when he's in socks, and I think he realised that too! He was happily looking at himself in the mirror while standing, and throughout the day was happy to be on his feet.


Hiii--yaaah! Kung fu!












Going out in his new shoes! :) Check out his big grin!










As a side note, this boy really likes looking at his reflection. Maybe he's realised that the image is his own now. Either that, or there's this little boy who follows him wherever he goes, and appears whenever there's a mirror. Sometimes I'll be burping him after a feed in a nursing room, and I spy him smiling broadly to himself, only to realise he was actually looking at a mirror behind me and smiling to his own reflection. Actually, if I don't remember wrongly from my days in Uni, babies are only supposed to recognise their own reflections between 18-24 months of age - that's a long way away. So maybe I'll try the rouge-test to see if Asher really recognises himself or not. There was research done on babies by putting some rouge on their noses and sitting them in front of a mirror. The test was to see if they touched their noses or not. Apparently young babies didn't touch their noses, but older babies did. I remember thinking then, could it just be that younger babies aren't able to coordinate their movements enough to bring their hands to their nose? Maybe they do recognise themselves, but just don't touch their noses? Well, in any case, I'll try it one day and see :)

Anyway, back to the shoes. I couldn't resist a shoe size comparison - esp to see the difference between Jon's feet and Asher's. I like this pic - it shows there's 3 of us in this household now :) Little feet that join us big-footed adults in our humble home :)

No comments: