Thursday 5 February 2009

Two to TANGo

Today Asher and I went to Vivocity to go shopping! My mission was to find my sis-in-law a birthday present.

It was Asher's first time on the MRT! We took the train to and from Vivo. It's quite easy since they have lifts at all levels, and it's more convenient than taking a bus cos it's kinda difficult to load a pram onto the bus. But there's more walking involved when taking the MRT, which is fine, cos it reminds me of the plentiful walking I did in London.

Asher was really good today! He stuck to his feed-wake-sleep cycle (even if pre-sleep he did cry quite a bit, but that's normal). And I've discovered that after his feed, as part of his wake time, he really likes looking around at all the things in the shops, at the people in the mall, the shops going by, etc. I had put a few toys in the pram to entertain him, but he wanted to look around. He had started crying and I thought it was because he was over-stimulated, but on the contrary, when I lifted up the hood, he stopped crying and was happily observing everything around him. It was only later when he started to yawn and rub his eyes that I brought down the hood, and the usual pre-sleep crying began.

Interesting, cos I had thought there would be too many sights and sounds for him, but I guess he's grown up more now, and is able to take more in without becoming cranky too quickly.

Anyway, it was very satisfying for me to be able to take Asher out on a shopping trip all afternoon until night! I refuse to believe I cannot go out and must stay at home cos I've a baby now; and I'm glad Asher seems to take quite well to these outings too. But of course, it cannot be an everyday affair. I do like the quiet days at home very much too :)

1 comment:

Jane said...

No, please don't stay at home the whole day just because you've a baby. It's so much easier and funner to go out with the baby!