Wednesday 11 February 2009

First Cut

Asher's hair has become so long it's getting a little bit unruly, even as I think he still looks cute with longish hair :) But it's become a bit hard to manage, especially after baths. If I don't smooth out his hair before it dries, he looks like Einstein the next day :)


I love my long hair Mummy!











Who has messier hair? :)







So anyway, cutting his hair needed some planning. He can't sit on his own yet, so I had to find some way to support him while cutting his hair. I tried to lay him on my raised knees but he kept turning his head this way and that. I didn't want to risk hurting him, so I scrapped that plan. Eventually I decided that I shall let him take a nap, and cut his hair while he's sleeping :) So he basically went to sleep with long hair, and woke up with short hair!

Devious, devious, wahaha.

He usually sleeps with his head to one side, so I cut the side that was facing me. Then I gently turned his head so that the other side faced me (all the while praying he wouldn't wake up!). That left me with the back of his head which I couldn't cut properly while he was lying down.

Hmmm...

When he woke up I sat him on the floor and supported him with my legs (it's a bit difficult to explain how. I had to contort a bit) while I quickly cut the hair on the back of his head.

Done!

How's it look? :) I tried to shorten it evenly throughout hoping to make his hair look like what it was when he was around 1.5 months. All in all I cut almost and inch of hair all round! Yep, that's how long his hair was! He looks more boyish and less messy now (and I think the Po Po will be much pleased) :)

1 comment:

Jane said...

Asher looks nice after his haircut! We used to use an electric shaver to self-cut Kaizer's hair, but my mum insists on bringing him to the salon once a month to cut now. She thinks we make him look very ugly after our haircuts, ha!