Monday 9 February 2009

Fulfilling My Tummytime Dream

Since Asher was born I've been dying to picnic at the Botanic Gardens and let Asher hang out for a while among the lush trees , and have some tummytime on the grassy field. We had gone there once, but mainly to stroll around. This time, I brought along a picnic mat so we could lie down for a while near the Symphony Stage. Wasn't a full picnic cos I didn't pack a basket, but it was close :)

I think Asher really enjoyed his time there! He was wide-eyed as he stared at all the different trees around him, and looked up to see how high some of the trees grew. He was curiously looking all around him to soak in this new environment. The spot I found was slightly sloping and Asher kept leaning to one side, so eventually I placed him on my tummy :) Partly cos I just like having him on my tummy too hee.










I believe he really liked looking around cos when I saw that some dark clouds were gathering and decided to pack up, he fussed a little when I lifted him off the mat to put him back in his pram. But since he could still see all the trees from his pram, he quietened down quite quickly :) It didn't rain in the end, so we just strolled around the park. I showed him the waterfall, and stopped by many of the bright flowers for him to take a better look at them. The beautiful surroundings, and the rumbling of the pram eventually lulled him into sleep :)










Definitely something to do again. Maybe next time I'll bring a basket! :)

3 comments:

Jane said...

Why is that a little blue dot at the side of the romper? To make it more "breathable"?

selena said...

It's a mosquito patch! :)

Jane said...

Oh, haha. And I thought it was part of the romper!