Thursday 15 November 2007

More Moroccan Delights!

So I got myself a pie dish, that means..I can make Moroccan Bastilla! (see october entry). And I did! It is a lot of work, but it is yummy yummy yummy! :) There was enough to last several meals :) It could probably last for more meals, but I greedily ate more than I should each time, heh.











I also made Moroccan Lentil & Rice salad. And along with that I tried the recipe for Hut bu-Etob (trout stuffed with chopped dates and almonds). It was nice, but I found it a little too sweet as a main course for my liking, althought Jon liked it the way it was :) But I used the extra filling to make a dessert pie, and found it appropriately sweet as a dessert.

I guess I like my meals to be more savory. I remember in Morocco we tried couscous with chicken and dates, and though it was tasty, it was too sweet for me as well -- it gets je-lat quite quickly.




No comments: