Friday 26 December 2008

First Christmas

Asher's first Christmas was pretty exciting for a little boy I think. On Christmas eve we went to Grandpa's house, and on Christmas day we visited 2 houses. and he received his first Christmas present ever!

Was good to spend Christmas Eve with family, catching up, chatting, and just having a very pleasant time. Asher was in a fairly good mood and was a very good boy throughout.

Then on Christmas day itself, happily decked out in his Christmas outfit we headed for Aunty PS's house for a popiah party. Normally he's quite happy with company, but for some reason he was quite fussy there, and we had to spend quite a bit of time soothing him. Still, that didn't stop us from playing board games with the others :) Nice to meet with friends on Christmas for some cheeriness :)

But the journey between the two houses was far from cheery. Asher had a dirty diaper when we left the first house, and we thought we could change it when we got to our second destination. But Asher was totally unhappy with that decision. He then went on to make his (very noisy) point by shrieking all the way from Simei to Woodlands - a good 25mins! Our poor ears!!!! He was inconsolable! I literally had to use my fingers to cover my ears for a while to give them some relief! For a small boy, he really had big lungs! Thank goodness we got to the second house eventually!

Asher spent the rest of the evening sleeping in the sling while Jon and I had yummy Christmas fare at Aunty E's house.

Anyway, interesting little piece of trivia (for me at least). Aunty PS bought cupcakes spelling out 'Merry Christmas'. Do you know that from those alphabets you can spell "My Asher"? :) She was packing them for us to bring back when we discovered that. Actually, she was going to spell out 'Cry Asher', but decided to go for 'My Asher'. Makes no difference though, he still ended up crying after the visit! :)










So he received his first Christmas present from Kong Kong and Po Po :) A Christmas stocking! We couldn't resist stuffing him into it hee hee. I would have stuffed him in further if not for his poo-ey diaper. Didn't want any accidents!



I have a present! Do you?








Hmm...what can it be?










I wanna open it NOW!









Mine! Don't touch!









See how big it is!












My first Christmas!

No comments: