Wednesday 24 December 2008

Christmas Musings

Now that I've a kid of my own, it gives a new perspective to Christ's birth. Jesus was a baby! A baby! Just like Asher! I mean, I've always known that, but it never really hit home that he was just a small, helpless, infant.

Then I'm wondering. Did Jesus cry a lot? Did Mary and Joseph have a tough time getting him to sleep through the night? Did he have colic? Or was he really a serene and peaceful baby as all the pictures of the nativity scene show? I wonder how he was as a baby. One the one hand, he was here on earth just like any of us, so he could be just like any baby, i.e., coming with all the usual babycare woes. Or, he could be divinely good natured, didn't cry for no reason, slept through the night easily, etc.

Hmm...

It's a whole new look at Jesus as a baby! There are no answers I'm sure. Just one of those many questions to ask God next time :)

No comments: