Friday 25 December 2009

Ripping Wrapping

It's Christmas!












And the first thing Asher did in the morning was to attack his presents. Well, attack is a bit strong. I had to coax him into opening them. I'm sure many (a few?) years from now he'll need no coaxing whatsoever though...










The first present he opened was from TQ & SS - A Spot life-the-flap book along with a soft toy of Spot! Asher loves the book, and when we come to the end he starts to complain and I have to start all over again!

Then a present from Jane & KL - Another book! Yay! Christmas book with several jigsaw puzzles inside :) Asher's intrigued by the puzzle pieces, and like for the Spot book, when the puzzles are pieced back together he fusses, and I have to take them apart again. Hope we don't lose any pieces though!

A present from my parents - A piggy bank! Or rather, a froggy bank! Asher loves it to bits, and the minute he saw it, tested it's quality to make sure his savings will be safe from the clutches of greedy others. Yes, half an hour after opening everything, he was still lugging his bank about and putting it through more stress tests, like dropping it on the floor, hitting it against some books, etc.













JJSB & Epoh got Asher a wonderful set of cars, planes and helicopters. Asher has since learnt that aeroplanes go "wheeeee" and helicopters make some other noise (I have no idea how to spell that sound! Anyway, Asher can't say that one yet :) ) I find it adorable how he'll wave the plane about and go "wheeeee" in his baby voice :)

What else did he get?

PS got Asher crayola drawing materials! I've yet to break them out cos I'm saving them for a day I need to keep Asher occupied! But it's a set I've been wanting to get too - the markers that only draw on the special crayola paper - that means, no stains on the wall/floor/table!

Chye & Celia got him a driving toy, which he straightaway put his hands on to steer about :) I think he's seen Jon and I drive so often, he knows how the steering wheel works. But it'll take a while to get the hang of all those signals. Good thing for him, baby cars don't need licenses!

He had several other presents as well - from school (there was a gift exchange), neighbours, and other friends and family.

What did we get him? Board books! I have been looking high and low for some good Christian baby board books, and I finally found some! I pray that these books will be treasured by Asher, not just because they are from us, but because of the message these books bring. Asher, remember, Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

No comments: