Sunday 27 December 2009

Priscilla & Ryan's Wedding

I love it when friends get married :) This time around it was Priscilla!

But, don't ask me what happened during the ceremony, cos I spent most of the time outside in the foyer. It's not that Asher was mis-behaving. He was just being him, and commenting about this and that, like saying "baber" over and over cos there were so many flowers, etc - i.e., not being quiet.

So I spent the time chasing him around outside, and then trying to give him his lunch, and then chasing him. I was quite tired out by the time the ceremony ended, and was half thinking I ought to have just left, but wanted to say hi and congrats to Pris. Still, despite being occupied, I thought it was nice to have met my gal pals and chat, even if for a short while. These things can't be measured by time.


Holding onto a rose he found on the floor :)









I hear Ryan was a real sweetie though. He apparently wrote Pris a long, long, long poem about their love story :) She had on her own also prepared something for him! These two, really meant for each other :)

On the way back to the car I bumped into a tourist who was looking for a path up to Mount Faber, but he was quite far off the mark. I wasn't sure how quickly I could settle Asher into the car, so just gave him directions. Turns out getting Asher into the car was a breeze, and I looked for the tourist on the way out to see if I could give him a lift. I was thinking that if I was a tourist, lost, sweaty from the afternoon sun, and with a limited amount of time to explore a place, I'd love to hitch a ride - especially uphill! Managed to find him at a traffic junction, so offered to drop him off, since it wasn't too far off my route and Asher was settling into his nap. Turns out he's from Belgium, and was in Singapore for just 5 days. He'd just come from NZ where he'd spent a month travelling and hiking. How nice! I'd love to spend a month there!

Anyway, gave him some suggestions on where to visit and such, and he went on his way to the cable car station.

Back to the wedding.

The next day I brought Asher for the wedding dinner. Previous weddings I had gone to with Asher alone were pretty ok to handle. But that night was the first wedding I was bringing him to since he learned to walk, and things were really different. Lets just say he had boundless energy, there were lots of flowers and Christmas baubles to look at, stairs to sit on/climb, plus lots of eager aunties and uncles to ooh and ahh at him :) When I got home Jon asked me how the food was, and I said, "er...I'm not sure, I didn't really eat much". Really. I was either shadowing him, or trying to put him to sleep - which he did fall into at one point, but woke up once someone came to oooh at him...then he saw the Christmas tree, which he just had to inspect, and then he was wide awake.

Probably would have been easier to handle if Jon was available, but he was still recovering from surgery, and he was supposed to be watching Singapore Idol for me :)


The little while he was at the table







Post-note (7 Feb 10): Here's a pic Priscilla just sent to me of Asher!

No comments: