Sunday 19 September 2010

Bollywood Veggies

To top off our overseas-without-being-overseas weekend, we made a trip to Bollywood Veggies, somewhere we've been wanting to check out.  The restaurant was surprisingly un-farm-ish.  Erm...I guess I didn't expect it to look like a restaurant, rather I thought it'd be more of a shack or a hawker stall.  It was a pleasant surprise :)  We tried their nasi lemak (which interestingly came with banana chips), banana flower curry (which I liked, but wasn't quite to Jon's taste), and a Kandy style curry chicken (which was good).

It was a super hot day plus Asher was overdue for a nap so we didn't walk around as much as we wanted to.  But we'll definitely head back, and hopefully hit the goat farms and some other farms as well.  It isn't a bad idea to stay a night at the D'Kranji Farm Resort so you can check out all the farms without having to drive up repeatedly.  Maybe when the boy(s) are older :)

Home of the gentle warrior...

...who shoots you with a cross bow if you don't turn off your engine...hmmm...


The restaurant

 Mixing drinks for Mummy & Daddy 

Plenty to explore


Cat's whiskers flower!  I think the name is so appropriate :)

Blackhearts
But Asher kept correcting me and saying "purple", even though I tried to explain it's just a name :)


One of the ladies working there gave him an organically grown banana, which tasted very different from the usual bananas we get from the market.  Different type I suppose?

No comments: