Saturday 30 January 2010

Birthday @ Spruce

Was so pleased that Asher was extremely cooperative today, and I could settle him to bed without any fuss at all by 730pm! I had a birthday gathering to head to and didn't want to be too late and miss all the fun :)

Janine chose Spruce as her birthday dinner spot. I've been there for breakfast, but not for dinner, so was keen to see how their other dishes were.

The Spruce Signature Pasta was all green...and strange looking. We were making fun of Alex's meal, but she ignored us and ate her dinner anyway :)









I had the blue cheese burger, which was competently done and I quite enjoyed it.









These were the other dishes the girls order - Fish & Chips (not too bad), Kurobuta Pork Loin (didn't try), and mushroom risotto (didn't try either).


















For dessert I order the beet root chocolate cake which quite interesting and tasty, but I didn't like the icing they used. Think it would be gone down better if they had used a cream cheese icing on top instead.










The rest of the desserts were okay too. Panna cotta quite yummy, cheesecake ok, sorbet ok. I guess most things, including the mains, were ok, but wasn't anything to shout about.

















As usual we were catching up, poking fun at each other, etc. Key question of the night...why are we still friends after so long when we jibe each other so much?? :O) What can we say, it's a love-hate thing? Haha :) Anyway, I was happy that night, and remember that I'm blessed to have such old friends in my life :) We were speculating whether 40 years down the road we'd still be jibing each other like this...and you know what? I hope we do! ;)
















PS was trying to feed Janine a morsel of something :)

1 comment:

Jennifer Ng said...

It's nice to catch up with old friends. Had my 30th anniversary dinner with my cohort at our alma mater just last year. Found my long lost best friend and we've been keeping in touch since:)