Saturday 19 September 2009

Gurmit & Anita's Wedding

I would have loved to put up pics from this colourful and lively wedding, but unfortunately I've none. It's taken me a long while to get this post out cos I thought I had a couple of pictures somewhere but I apparently don't! In any case I was quite busy that night so really didn't get the chance to snap photos. Had brought Asher along cos Jon had an office function on that night and couldn't watch him at home.

Thank goodness for helpful colleagues :) For starters, the Sentosa Beaufort was not that pram friendly. I had to carry the pram and Asher up the stairs cos there was no ramp. Then as it was a buffet dinner (and a very yummy one at that!), one of my colleagues very kindly helped to carry Asher around so that I could have the opportunity to eat something before I had to put Asher to bed. I must say, they got along really well, and Asher really didn't mind being carried by someone he had met for just the first time! :) It must be cos he had a Daddy vibe, having two kids of his own :)

Around 8pm Asher fell asleep as usual. That was great, but it also unfortunately meant that I couldn't sit in the ballroom when the fun activities were on. There were Bhangra dance performances, which I always love watching, but the drums were quite loud so I moved the pram outside and looked in through the glass doors. I found myself standing outside with another Daddy and his sleeping baby as well :)

The second performance coincided with the Bride and Groom's walkabout, so I didn't get a chance to say hi! What a pity, cos I always look forward to meeting the happy couple during the dinner to congratulate them. That, plus Anita looked beautiful in her gown! The ladies at my table were all commenting about how lovely her outfits were, and how they suited her perfectly :)

Anyway, while I would have loved to stay for some dancing at the end of the event, I had to head back to settle Asher into bed proper. The music was a tad too loud for a baby. Oh well. It's not meant to be a kids event! But it was great to be catch up with some ex-colleagues who were at my table too :) Had met a couple of them at Anita's hen night, and this was like part-2 of the catch-up - albeit an intermittent catch-up, as it is at most events where I bring Asher :) Chat a bit, run around, chat a bit, run around.

I had a fun night, even if I spent a large part of it sitting outside the ballroom. Thank goodness the night was cool and there was a light breeze blowing. It was also great that there were glass doors so that I could observe the proceedings inside the ballroom :) Happy to see the couple happy :)

No comments: