Saturday 12 September 2009

Brunch @ Prive Cafe

It had been a while since I met up with Joce and Joanne, and in the spirit of continuing with these early Saturday morning activities, we agreed to meet at Prive Cafe at Keppel Bay for brunch.









I had heard that the restaurant Prive was very expensive, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that Prive Cafe had an affordably priced menu! I simply had to order the smoked salmon eggs benedict, one of my all time favourite breakfast dishes. My gosh. Prive Cafe has the best eggs ben I've tried so far, ever! The eggs were done to perfection! Not chewy, not hard, not too soft - just perfect. The yolks were firm on the outside and runny on the inside, and they could even separate easily from the whites! The sauce and salad complemented the eggs wonderfully, but surely, the stars of the show were the eggs. Mmmm....I must go back there to have them again! Hopefully the eggs ben will be as I remember it!

As always, it was fun to watch the babies interact. They even had a baby conference to discuss...I'm not quite sure what...but I'm sure it must have been important :)





















Anyway, a funny snippet from the morning. Asher was active as usual, but at one point he was quiet and was sitting still on my lap. I thought it was quite curious and looked down to see what he was doing, only to discover that he was happily chewing on a packet of sugar! No wonder!!! Thank goodness it didn't really tear open. Imagine the sugar high he would have had (and that I would have had to deal with) if it did!

No comments: