Saturday 9 May 2009

Track to Tampines Mall

Met Jane and Kaizer for lunch at IKEA. It was the first time the two boys were meeting :) Kaizer was such a dear, saying hello to Asher, telling Asher not to cry when Asher got upset, and patted Asher on the head ever so gently :) I think Asher really likes Kaizer too! He flashed many smiles at Kaizer while on the train :)



The two boys 'chatting'.







It was great fun talking to Kaizer! He can now speak a little, and it's fun to interact with him and hear his opinion on things (like who is chou or xiang (smelly or sweet-smelling), what he thinks of some dresses we saw, etc). I can't wait for Asher to grow up and start speaking (but even as I type that sentance, I also wish Asher would grow up slowly cos time is already passing so quickly and he's growing up so fast! So contradictory huh?)











After lunch we headed to my place for the boys to nap while waiting for Li Wei to join us. It was a good rest stop in prep for the long track to Tampines (ok, not that long, afterall, Singapore isn't that big, but I seldom venture so far east. The journey only took about half-an-hour). We all wanted to go there for different reasons - Jane to get a new diaper bag, Li Wei to check out Uniqlo, and I to try a tart that the Straits Times said was fabulous.

The tart turned out to be just so-so. It looked pretty, but didn't taste as mind-blowingly good as the Straits Times had made it out to be. I prefer my tarts to have thicker crusts, and denser fillings. This tart had a thin, almost wafer-like crust, and fluffy, whipped-cream like filling. The flavour was ok, but the whole thing was too much like a cake instead of a tart. Let tarts be tarts! I don't think I'll be paying $7.80 for that again!




Kaizer enjoying his strawberries









Late lunch for Li Wei at Manpuku







Anyway, it was good to explore the place with friends and see what the mall had to offer (several kids shops, Jap-pish outlets, etc) , but I doubt I'll be heading all the way out to Tampines Mall again anytime soon!

No comments: