Friday 28 November 2008

2 Weeks On

Little Asher is now two weeks old! :) What fun it's been! Doesn't feel like just two weeks. Every now and then Jon and I add dialogue to an imaginary Asher speech bubble - things like "I'm just ten days old, Mummy" :) It reminds us that he's really just a very very small and young boy :)

He's been such a dear and ever so entertaining with things like little smiles (of contentment? of gas?), hand holding, looking at us with his soulful eyes, his quivering jaw that's slowly making it's disappearance as his immune system gets more mature, his explosive poo hahahaa, peeing before we've got his diaper on, all his stretching (like Mummy!), his sleeping posture (mixture of Mummy and Daddy), etc, etc, etc.

I'm quite surprised that I actually feel quite perky and chirpy in the day, despite getting little, and interrupted sleep at night. My mum and Jon have been wonderful help too! In any case I really should try to nap more in the day so I'm more alert for his night feeds. But I'm optimistic about things, and I'm certain things will settle down and will get better, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Together with Jon, we can do it! :O)



Burping is such a bore!










Uncle Terrence and Auntie Sharon and soon-to-arrive cousin Quah!! :)









Asher's so tiny compared to Daddy!











Asher's got Mummy's hammer toes!









More hiao-ing at the gynae :)

No comments: