Thursday 6 March 2008

Dancing In London!

I've been wanting to go for dance in London, and finally went for two classes several weeks ago. The first was for a contemporary 'Graham technique' class at The Place, and the second was a jazz class at Pineapple Studios near Covent Garden. Both we great fun, and it was fantastic to get to dance again! More than anything I realised that contrary to what I had thought - that a lot of the people who attend these things are really fantastic dancers and I'll look so horrible next to them - there are many people here who go to class just to try out something new, or indulge in an interest...why worry? :) There are of course many fantastic dancers, but, who cares? :) Not like they know me. Just do it!

So tonight I'm going for a repertory class with the Scottish Dance Theatre at The Place. I was thinking of attending the Rambert Dance Company's repertory class, but decided that the work they were going to teach was probably better enjoyed as part of an audience than to learn. The Scottish Dance Theatre is going to lead the class to learn tenderhook which has been described as simply beautiful and stunning. I'm not too sure whether there is a requirement for the level of dance experience, but I'm just going to go for it and try! :) Wish me luck!

No comments: