Saturday 30 October 2010

Baking Up A Storm

It's been a while since we did some baking, and thought it'd be a nice way to occupy him at home one afternoon.  The last time we baked was about a month-and-a-half ago where we made blueberry muffins.  This time around, I was gonna bake some banana bread together with him.

There was a funny moment when he stirred too vigourously and flicked some batter onto his arm, the table, and the floor.  And he proceeded to melt into a gush of giggles :)  It was sweet that he wanted to help me clean up after, and tried to wipe up the specks of flour and dough that he had flicked onto the floor.  I say tried, cos he was essentially pushing all the flour and dough around on the floor :)  But it's the thought that counts heh.

I think this was the first time that he was really able to do most of the stuff himself.  I basically just helped with measuring and maybe the final stir to check that the flour was mixed in properly.  But he did the rest of the pouring and mixing on his own.  So I told him that "Mummy helped Asher", instead of "Asher helped Mummy".  

It was also nice to have the kitchen to ourselves.  I enjoy the freedom of not being 'watched' (for lack of a better word) in my own home, which was something I often felt when our helper was around.  Left the real cleaning till after his bedtime so that I could just spend the entire afternoon with him.  

Dinner was a muffin, and breakfast the next morning too :)

Creaming the butter and sugar

Beating the eggs

Looking at the speck of batter on his arm

Giggling away

Scooping the batter into the muffin tray

Going, "WHOA!" each time he dumped a scoop of batter into the loaf tin

Cleaning under his chair :)

 Ta da!

 Eating & giggling while remembering how he flicked the batter around :)

Brekkie the next day

Being silly and squashing his face with the container cover :)

No comments: