Thursday 1 July 2010

Toddler Class

Haven't updated much on Asher's childcare.  He's been transferred to the Toddler Class since he was 18 months old and though the initial transition had its share of hurdles, he now thoroughly enjoys school.  I think it really helps that he had four other friends who transferred at the same time - the largest batch to transfer together I think.  One of them has since left, but he still remembers her and often mentions her name.  Guess they do make friends young! 

He gets more outdoor time now - once a day when the weather is fine - and water play on Wednesday.  Then there's more story time and art, two activities he really enjoys.  But there's still plenty of free play for the kids to just be themselves.  Sometimes I literally have to drag him away from school to go home.  But, it's comforting for me to know that he's having a good time even though I'm unable to be with him.  And he really likes his friends.  At home he sometimes picks up my mobile phone and pretends to call them to ask them to go outdoors or just say hello.  It's very cute to watch :)

And this boy, don't know whether its cos he's generally quite observant, or cos his mummy loves shoes so much, but he can recognise all his friends' shoes when they're on the shoe rack (there are names, but he can't read, I don't think).  I think he really knows which shoe belongs to which friend because when the shoes are sometimes placed in the wrong cubby, he still knows who it belongs to (I have started to recognise them too).  Quite entertaining.

Anyway, just some pics I snapped the other day.

Happy at tea time

Changing tables to sit next to his good friend, Charlotte, who told him "Asher, eat!"

He actually listened!  He didn't want to eat it before when he was sitting at the other table.  Or maybe it was just the sociable thing to do?  Who knows what he's thinking.

Evidence of his snacking

Doing a spontaneous dance

More dancing.  Looks like he was trying to do a grand battement (ballet high kick)!

Milk break at the carpark downstairs

Off to the supermarket for a spot of grocery shopping.  My little helper, or "Captain" as I call him when he's in the trolley.  He likes to help put (or throw) stuff into the trolley.  I find that when he's helped to buy the food (fruit especially), he's more likely to want to eat it.

No comments: