Saturday 3 July 2010

Shan & Ben's Wedding



So the happy day came!  Shan got married!  And a wonderful match in my opinion :)  This was a highly anticipated wedding, and it turned out splendidly.  Stunning bride, gorgeous gown, and the flowers were some of the most beautiful I've seen at any wedding.  It was literally overflowing with flowers at the wedding ceremony, reception and dinner.  Absolutely beautiful orchids!  I wish I could fill my house with all those flowers! 

The zhuang men was great fun.  I mean, how can it not be fun to tekan other people, especially the groomsmen!  We had to get creative to overcome the problem of her house not actually having a gate.  So we created a spider web for the brothers to carry the groom through.  Then they had to show their dancing prowess by following the moves from Beyonce's Single Ladies.  And Ben proved himself by knowing most of the answers to the Q&A we had prepared for him. 

I think it's easier to let pictures capture the wedding then to actually describe it.  So when I get around to uploading them, you can take a look for yourself :)
 

 As an aside, we dressed Asher in a tux we borrowed from Aidan just for fun.  We had a trial session the night before and quickly decided that we should dispense with the bow-tie.  Asher kept pulling it and letting it snap back on himself, so we thought we'd let him go for the "cool-casual" look, open collar and no tie...more for safety than for anything else :) 

I wanna be like Daddy

Ok, time for a break!

Whew, Daddy's work sure is tiring!

Time to go to work!

Always carry tissue, especially if you drool like me.

Or at least have Daddy on hand to wipe it away ;)

Checking out the rain

A little matador

Playing with the fans given out for the ceremony.  Peekaboo!

Oh, and one funny (and gross) thing that happened.  Asher had a MAJOR poo disaster at the luncheon.  As I carried him I could smell something, and my arm felt a bit moist.  Concluded that he had a poo, and went to change him.  Little did I realise what was waiting for me.  Er...without describing every detail, his pants were completely soiled and so were his shoes...  I literally stripped him down and showered him in the basin.  Thank goodness we had extra clothes and sandals!  This is him after the shower :)

No comments: