Thursday 3 June 2010

Doughing It the Second Time Around

Asher wasn't too keen on dough the first time we played with it.  Suspecting that it was because it was too wet, I tried again, this time being careful to mix just a little water each time such that the end result was quite dry. 

Helping to mix the flour and water

Kneading the dough


Shaping the dough (well, I did the shaping, he told me what to make)


Decided to bake the dough to set it so that he could paint them.  He really enjoyed this second bit.

Dog, man (was supposed to be 'Daddy', but it looks so unflattering I just called him 'man'), fish, and a poor rendition of Ernie (think the ears should have been more to the side, but anyway, they fell off after a while and he became Elmo)


Master Nair at work

Getting more paint on his brush

Yellow fish



Yellow everything else.  When everything was painted, he decided to paint the newspapers!

Thoroughly engrossed in his art work

An out-of-point remark - his eyelashes are so long! *jealous*

It was a successful session I think, and when I've time we'll try it again with a different colour or two :)

No comments: