Wednesday 16 June 2010

Breezy Poliwoggy Day

Brought Asher to Poliwogs at East Coast again for an afternoon runabout.  It was a rainy day and he missed his outdoor time in school, plus it had been a while since we went to the playground cos of the rain, so thought Poliwogs was a much needed treat.  He took an interest in different things this time around, but the one constant was the attraction to all the colourful balls :) 


My favourite part of the outing was after we left Poliwogs though, when we sat on a bench by the sea to enjoy the breeze.  It was so enjoyable we did that again after dinner.  The sea breeze was beautiful, the air cool, and there were plenty of things to look at - boats, ships, airplanes, bodyboard surfers (if that's what they're called).  He just sat on my lap, and we enjoyed the place. 

Dinner was at Waraku, and boy, was it worth it.  Not only did Asher eat quite well (we shared a ten don), the waitresses had time to play with him cos it wasn't too crowded, AND, they gave him a couple of toys!  I had actually thought they were just lending them to us for the duration of dinner, but when I returned them they told me the toys were for Asher to keep!  Asher really likes the digger, but the red robot I've kept away cos it's not really meant for his age now.  But I had some fun playing with it and reliving my childhood haha..it's got two buttons to blow bubbles to push little rings up in the water, and the aim is to try to get the rings onto two 'poles'.  Haven't seen this game in the longest time.  Anyway, I don't really buy a whole lot of toys for Asher, so it was a welcome addition to have another vehicle for him to play with :)  Waraku is super kid friendly, I'll definitely go back again. 

As a side note, it appears Asher likes Lady Gaga.  He was bobbing to her tracks all through dinner haha :)  Looks like she's got all age groups hooked on her music.  I recently heard an elderly person humming one of the songs from her album :)

No comments: