Saturday 24 April 2010

Birthday on the Wild Side

It was Asher's first theme party.  Jo Claire turned one, and Jo and Joe threw an animal themed party.  So Asher turned up as a penguin (well, just the picture of one on his romper.  I had no time to go do anything elaborate), and Jon and I wore the Esso tiger tails :)  Yes, that was our uncoordinated family.  A pair of tigers gave birth to a penguin!?!  I had grand plans for coordinating a penguin outfit for each of us, but it remained as just that - a plan. 

But I guess most families formed strange animal sets.  Joe was a cow (complete with udders! His greeting to everyone, "milk?"), Claire was a pink leopard, while Joanne was...a human, heh :) 

There were lots of kids who all made themselves at home in Claire's play area, Asher included.  He ran to show me a pillow around his neck, disappeared, came back with rings on his arms, disappeared again, came back with some rattle thing, and the process repeated itself over and over. 


Even the cake was animal themed!  The children clustered around Joanne as she cut the cake, and they were saying which animal they wanted to have. 

The Moks

Asher and the birthday girl

Eyeing the animal cupcakes (and wine?)

Rissy and Asher

It's always nice catching up with old friends, and I remember the food was yummy (gimme sambal prawns any day!).  I also made the interesting discovery that Asher is ok with mildly spicy food.  He shared some of my mee siam goreng and was able to take it, almost oblivious to its spiciness!  Maybe it's cos I eat so much spicy food, he got used to it in the womb, and maybe even my breastmilk was spicy?  I have no idea. 

Anyway, happy birthday Claire!

No comments: