Saturday 10 October 2009

Brunch @ Rider's Cafe


Went for lunch at Rider's Cafe with the cousins again.  I loved the drive to get there.  To me, it really felt like we were driving in a different country.  And it was especially amazing because we were just a stone's throw from the busy Bukit Timah Road, yet it was so tranquil with no tall buildings in sight.


The food was alright.  I had eggs benedict, as usual, but found that it was a little rubbery.  Can't beat the one at Prive Cafe which still tops my list of the best eggs benedict around. 



Anyway, the children were entertaining us with their antics.  Asher was sharing some corn rings with Anya, and while she seemed to thoroughly enjoy them, Asher took his corn ring and started rubbing it in Anya's hair!!  The sweet girl just happily continued eating her corn ring.  But eventually, she decided she had enough of Asher's nonsense, and started tugging at his shirt - "stop it!!"














Then they made up.  Asher fed Anya some of his corn ring - yes the one he rubbed through her hair :)




















But the real story is that Asher was just resting his hand for a while and Anya stole a bite :)  She continued to eye his corn ring for quite a while thereafter hoping for another little nibble.



After our meal I brought Asher for a walk around the stables to look at the horses.  Actually, we sneaked in cos it's technically meant only for members, but I figured no one would really object if I was there just to show a baby what horses looked like!  I think he was quite intrigued. It would have been more fun if he could pat the horses though, but I didn't want to do that since they were someone's prize horses.  Didn't want to get blamed should the horse not perform well, fall ill or something...

Anyway, as a random side note, the vicinity of Rider's Cafe is really lovely for taking wedding pictures if you like wide, green, open spaces.  Don't think I've seen anyone's wedding pics taken there yet.

Well, I think Rider's Cafe is definitely somewhere we can go back to again just for the ambience.  For a good eggs ben, I'm sorry, I'll be headed to Prive Cafe again :)

No comments: