Thursday 23 April 2009

When Emmy met Asher

Met my long-time friend Joce for lunch at Culina to catch up, and for our little ones to meet. Emma @ Emmy is such a sweet and adorable girl, with crazy hair like Asher's, except that hers stands in a different direction from his. Asher's hair is like a fin, hers is like a mane! :) Cute little baby cub.













We both managed to eat undisturbed for most of our meal cos both babies slept after their feed. But they woke in time to eye our desserts. Asher even tried to pull the plate and grab the strawberry on top of the panna cotta! Joce pulled him back just in time to prevent him from pulling the plate off the table, but he still managed to get some of the cream on his hand :)












Lunch was not bad. Between the two of us we tried all the items on the set menu - 2 starters, 2 main courses, and 2 of the same dessert (only 1 choice). I honestly don't really remember what exactly we ate cos I was enjoying our conversation so much. I just know we had a soup, which I thought was pretty bland, except for the ravioli which was ok. The duck pate, on the other hand, was really yummy. Both main courses were well done, flavourful, enjoyable, but not extraordinary. Dessert was panna cotta, but I don't remember what I thought about it, haha. I suppose that means it must have be ordinary as well. But I do remember we were commenting that it was good value for decent sized servings, and fairly good food.

Anyway, I think Asher really likes Emmy! He was super duper chatty that day. Very friendly, and very smilely. He seemed to really want to interact with Emma, and tried to reach out to her. She too, I would like to think, seemed to take to Asher as well. Although, being a very good girl, she was watchful of this strange boy who was trying to lift her blanket at one point...tsk tsk. Asher, no lifting of girls' skirts/blankets, ok!


No, no, Asher! Don't lift her blankie!









Asher looking excited to talk to Emmy. Emmy looks like she's thinking, "Who is this strange boy?"







"Hi! I'm Asher!"










We wanted to go to the Botanical Gardens after lunch, but it was much too hot still, so we adjourned to my house, where the kids had fun sharing the playmat :) It was soooo adorable watching them wave their arms, kick their legs, and roll about together!


Don't they look happy? :)







Ok, actually Joce and I had to wave and make funny faces to try to get them to smile at the same time :) They were smiling, but just not together - you know how it is. Anyway, this is a silly re-enactment of what we were doing :O)










We decided to try to take a picture of all of us, so she and I contorted and squeezed to take this photo :) Haha, all this just reminds me of all the wacky times Joce and I had in Sec Sch and JC :) It's amazing to think we're Mums now!










Before we headed off to the gardens, we managed to grab a shot of Emma resting her arm on Asher - so cute! Actually, at one point when Joce and I were chatting, Emma and Asher were holding hands. But just as we turned our heads to look at them, they let go! So funny! Just like teenagers who are shy to show their parents they're holding hands :)))) I found that endlessly amusing.










The walk in the Botanic Gardens was calm and relaxing. So relaxing that when we got back into the car, both babies fell asleep without a sound!

Lots of fun, lots of laughter. We must do this again :)

No comments: