Sunday 5 April 2009

Tea for Two

I have always liked PS Cafe. Yes, some people say it's a poseur place for yuppies, or some other similar thing. But I'd like to think that I like it for very non-poseur reasons. I couldn't care less who I see there, or who sees me there. I just like the place for the lovely greenery outside, for the wonderful smell of fresh flowers throughout the restaurant (and even in the toilets!), and for the keylime pie :)

I've always wanted to hang out there in the afternoon but it's impossible to do that when I'm working. So since I'm on leave, I decided to pop by there for tea with Asher! Nothing fancy, just pie, a glass of water, and a good view.

I had fun chit-chatting with Asher, and we shared a couple of jokes (at least, he was kind enough to laugh at the ones I told). I think he enjoyed people-watching too, smiling at the people at the table behind us. PS Cafe is not really a stroller-friendly place, but the waiters and waitresses were more than willing to accommodate. They seemed friendly enough, so I even trusted one of the waitresses to watch Asher while I ran to the ladies (their toilet is much too small for a stroller to fit in as well). That's probably one of the only downsides of going out with a baby alone - sometimes it's difficult to go to the toilet without another pair of eyes to help. Anyway, such trusting behaviour can only be done in Singapore, and with people I assess are trustworthy. Certainly never leave your baby with a stranger otherwise!

1 comment:

greedy mommy said...

i love ps cafe too. but i miss their little 10-seater, in their shop on 3rd floor of paragon. all the cakes were baked by the owners' maid then :) and i loved it especially cos no one knew there was a cafe tucked inside! quiet and quaint with endless magazines to read and chill with. i blame profitability!