Thursday 29 January 2009

Boy, oh boy, it's CNY!

My goodness, what a fun and hectic Chinese New Year we had this year! Our progress was slow. Normally we'd be at my parent's place early morn, then we'd head off to go visiting, and we'd by done with my mum's side by 1 or 2 pm. This time around, both sets of new parents only got to the first pit-stop at 10am! Then some crying, some diaper changes, some feeds, then feed the adults, and cry, then change a diaper, then finally we're off! We only ended our visit to the last house on my mum's side around 530/6pm! And we still had dinner at Dad's place, followed by a gathering at our house with my friends!

Many many lo heis this year.

Numero Uno - Eve of CNY Eve: Reunion dinner at China Club with immediate family on both sides. ere we also celebrated Jon's birthday in advance.










Numero Due - CNY Eve: Reunion dinner at Segar with immediate family.












Asher looking like he's starting to get this whole lo hei thing.











Check out the Pun Choi that my mum and aunts made! Yum-mee!








New mums!











Couldn't help including this pic cos if you compare it with an earlier photo I took of him in the same outfit when he was just a week old, you can see how he's grown and filled out his romper!







Numero Tre - CNY Day 2: Reunion dinner at Segar with extended family.
Didn't remember to take any pics of this event, but my tummy is proof of it's existence.

This is what he wore on Day 2 of CNY. (This pic's specially for you Sheela!)









That's not the end of it though, there are at least 3 more lo hei sessions in store in the coming weeks!

We were quite excited to bring Asher on his first CNY visiting trip. Of course, to begin it all, we just had to dress him in red heh heh heh. I think he looks cute! But of course I'm biased. Anyway, Jon insisted we tuck in his shirt, which I think makes him look so toot haha, so I then insisted we at least fluff out his shirt a bit so he looks better :) Asher will thank me in future haha.

Before
After













I match Mummy...












...And I match my car seat!







Anyway, here're some pics from our first day of visiting:

The cousins decked out in red taking a nap before the big day









Asher had little clementines to pai nian instead of the usual kum which are wayyy to big for him








As we travelled from house to house, Asher was busy studying his new red socks :) He kept kicking up one foot, then the next, to look at them.










When he took a break from admiring his socks, he'd strike up a coo-ing conversation with me! It was really heartwarming :O)






Plenty of family photos
































This is what the pic looks like...











This is what we had to do to get Asher to look at the camera!!!








By the end of the day (which was around 3am) Jon and I were so zonked out! Asher was already in bed by then, but he was so tired out from all the visiting and attending various events over the long weekend that he was totally zapped at the end of it! He just slept and slept for most of Wednesday to recuperate :)

2 comments:

weehours said...

Ah Ma must have been thrilled to see her two great grandsons! :)

selena said...

You bet! She was happily carrying them around, rocking them, singing to them :) Terrence filmed her kachio-ing Aidan, you should take a look! Super funny :)