Thursday 28 February 2008

Goodie! Foodie!

Hi Hi!

There's been lots going on in the kitchen and here are some of the highlights, in no particular order :)

Avocado, Mushroom and Chilli Padi Salad
This may not be to everyone's taste, but I love avocados, and they go so well with lighty cooked mushrooms! The chillis add a zing to th
e dish. The avocados from Chapel Market are so fresh! I walloped 2 whole avocados in a single day muhahaha...










Chicken Rice











Shredded Grilled Moroccan Chicken with Pita & Salad
Just a change from rice :)










Chicken Nasi Briyani











Lamb
Nasi Briyani
The chicken briyani was good, but the lamb briyani was better! The lamb was so so tender! Jon and I couldn't help eating more and more of it. We were supposed to leave half of it for dinner the next day, but I think we erm..ate a lot of it hehe..










Ginseng Herbal Soup, Coffee Pork Ribs & Veg
I had extra ribs from making the soup, so thought I'd experiment and try making coffee pork ribs. Pretty ok, but could improve the recipe further.










Wanton Mee
I brought up my favorite brand of frozen wantons from Singapore - CP brand. So since I made come Char Siew for CNY dinner, I kept some to make wanton mee!










Belgian Potatoes
On our trip to Belgium I saw this being made at several Christmas Markets. We didn't try it, but it looked really yummy. After going to several markets I concluded that the dish was basically made up of potatoes, bacon, and brie/camembert cheese. I decided to come back and try making it myself! And the final product is quite yummy and definitely qualifies as comfort food!









Pancakes
Jon's always asking me to make pancakes, so I thought I'd give it a go - from scratch! Wasn't too difficult, though the proportions have to be refined further :)










Paella
I've always wanted to try making this dish. It looks so easy to make, and it is!










Laksa
It was really shiok to have a taste of home :)










Tom Yum Soup

Perfect for a chilly day!












Fritata with Dutch Fenugreek Cheese
Saw a chef make fritata on tv, and thought I'd give it a go myself. Easy peesy and very yummy :)

No comments: