Tuesday 23 October 2007

What's Cooking?


Just to show Jon isn't starving. We had Moroccan style lamb with rice, and Moroccan style veg (which actually tastes quite Chinese) for dinner last night.


Anyway, yes, I'm running thru the Moroccan cookbook and seeing what interesting stuff I can make from there. I do like Moroccan food a lot. Its very flavourful because of the many spices used. The more common ones used in Moroccan cooking are cumin, corriander, tumeric, paprika, pepper, saffron, cardamom, ginger and cinnimon.
If I can find a pie dish, think I'll try making Bastilla. Its a heavenly pie filled with chicken and pigeon (tho i'll prob skip the pigeon since it's hard to find), thats sweet and savory all at the same time. The one we ate in Morocco was really to die for. Full of melt-in-your-mouth goodness. Mmm...hope I can recreate that experience :)

No comments: