Friday 26 February 2010

The Only Exception

My latest favourite song! One of those songs that really stirs something in me. Haven't heard songs like this for a long time. And I love how she phrases the song!  It seems rock bands often have the best ballads huh?

Paramore - The Only Exception

Did up the non-capo version.  Been so long since I played that my wrists and fingers actually hurt : /

B
When I was younger
                           F#m
I saw my daddy cry
                             E   
And curse at the wind
B
He broke his own heart
And I watched
                         F#m          E
As he tried to reassemble it
B
And my momma swore that
                                     F#m       E
She would never let herself forget
B
And that was the day that I promised
                           F#m
I'd never sing of love
                       E
If it does not exist

But darlin'


B                            
*You are the only exception
F#m             E
You are the only exception (*x2)


B
Maybe I know, somewhere
                   F#m
Deep in my soul
                           E
That love never lasts
B
And we've got to find other ways
                   F#m
To make it alone
                               E
Or keep a straight face
B
And I've always lived like this
                   F#m              E
Keeping it comfortable, distance
B
And up until now
                                                   F#m
I had sworn to myself that I'm content
               E
With loneliness

               E
Because none of it was ever worth the risk

You are the only exception (x4)


C#m
I've got a tight grip on reality, but I can't
       B                                           F#
Let go of what's in front of me here
C#m
I know you're leaving in the morning, when you wake up
                 B                                                     F#m
Leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream
          E
Ooh Ooh...

B
You are the only exception
F#m              E
You are the only exception (x2)
A               E                      B              
And I'm on my way to believing
              A               E                       B
Oh, and I'm on my way to believing



*I find the E sounds nicer like this x20103 rather than the usual Emaj (x23100), except for the last 2 lines.

No comments: