Saturday 6 March 2010

Anya's Turns One

Anya celebrated her first birthday with a big bang at Scrumptious Cafe.  We got there a little late and the other kids had already started playing at the play area attached to the cafe.  It's equipped with a trampoline, a rock wall, and a modest collection of toys and books. 

Anya had the most gorgeous cake in the classic shape of a number 1.  It was really one of the prettiest cakes I've ever seen and suited the occasion to a T!  There were girlish butterflies, sweet flowers, and other pretty designs.  Made cutting the cake seem a bit of a pity, but after tasting it, yum!  Who cared about the design anymore :)   

I think my favourite part of the party was watching the three cousins interact.  It's always hilarious to see the results of what happens when we put the three of them together.  But it was also sweet, because it had been a long time since all three were in the same place at the same time.  I think the last time was at Asher's birthday. 

Anyway, time really flies.  It really doesn't seem so long ago that Anya was born.  I guess I forget that as Asher grows, so do the other babies around him :) 

Well, I'm sure she had a great time on her birthday.  With lots of cake, lots of friends, and lots of love, what's not to enjoy? :) 

Gimme, gimme, it looks yummy! :)

Mmmm...yum!  It is great!

More, more!

Asher giving his dear cousin a birthday 'blessing' :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The look on Asher's face in the last photo really cracks me up!!